What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
Story of how our blog started:
Two pieces of advice to give to new bloggers:
- You need to promote the sh*t out of every post you write! We missed out on so many opportunities in the beginning, basically because we didn’t even thought about sending emails out to businesses that might have been interested in what we had to say. Just recently we brainstormed for options to promote our blog post on “How to have a perfect layover in Brussels” and decided to send it to our Belgian national airline. They loved our article and published it on their Facebook page and the amount of readers for that particular posts increased by 400%. There was a win-win situation going on here; for them it was a good way to increase their customer satisfaction by offering this article to their international clients, for us it was a good way to get exposed to their large fan base and it generated a lot of visits to our blog.
- Collect subscribers from the very start of your blogging adventure. After three months we still don’t have a way to attract subscribers, either by newsletter or either by lead-magnets. Suffice to say the increase in traffic on our blog due to our success described in point 1, was not capitalized in precious e-mail addresses to whom we could send our new blog posts directly.
- Maria from MASHA
- Farah from World of Faz
- Caroline from My Global Attitude
- April from T and A in the US of A
- Lien from Get Lost Abroad
- Daniela from The Lost Romanian